Follow these instructions if using the AsReader Barcode 1D scanner
Set up the hardware
- Follow the manual inside the box to prepare the scanner.
- For more information, visit https://asreader.com/barcode_asreader/.
Set up the keyboard
This app is a custom software keyboard to input the data AsReader scan.
Download the AsKey app at https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/askey-keyboard-for-asreader/id957060064?mt=8
How to use:
1. Enable the custom keyboard after installing the app.
Go to Setting > General > Keyboard > Keyboards > Add New Keyboard... and select "AsReader"
Go back to Setting > General > Keyboard > Keyboards select "AsKey - AsReader", set "Allow Full Access" to ON.
2. Connect AsReader to iPhone/iPod touch
3. Open an app (e.g. memo, safari or web form)
4. Switch keyboard to AsKey.
AsKey will connect with AsReader.
5. Press the trigger buttons of the AsReader to scan a barcode.
The scanned data will be inputted by the keyboard.
Set up the Tally app
- Prerequisite: make sure you have the multi-locations enabled on your store (Ask Shopify, not released yet)
- Make sure you are logged into your store
- Install the app at https://tally.satelapps.com/install
Note: Make sure the user that's installing has matching permissions to the scope of the app, if not Shopify will not let you install
- Accept to install the app on Shopify
- Accept the confirmation charge (free 7-day trial and $19.00/month thereafter)
- ONLY 1 user should create a new stock count by creating a name, choosing a location and a collection
- Once the stock count is created, click on the 'Scan' button
- On the scanner screen, go into your keyboard and switch keyboard to AsKey
- Click on the barcode field and start scanning
- Verify the quantity, change if needed and press 'Submit'
- Return to the physical count table
- Once ready, move to the next (Report) step
- Check for discrepancies and you may enter recounts if needed back in the last (Physical Count) step
- ONLY 1 user should update the Shopify inventory
- Once successfully updated, you may return to the stock counts table and download a CSV report