WHICH SCANNER SHOULD I USE?
We recommend using the AsReader Barcode 1D scanner (with the gun if preferred) which is compatible for iPhone devices only.
For more information, visit https://asreader.com.
DO I NEED TO USE A SCANNER?
No, you can simply enter the new count values into the app on a phone, tablet or desktop.
CAN I USE MY OWN SCANNER?
Yes, you can use a scanner that can generate a CSV with columns 'Barcode, Quantity' and upload that CSV to Tally on Step 3.
WHAT STEPS SHOULD I TAKE BEFORE USING THE SCANNER?
1. Let the scanner fully charge before use. This will take approximately 1-2 hours.
2. Download the free AsKey app by AsReader. This app will allow you to enter the scanner data into the app
WHAT IS THE ASKEY APP PRIVACY?
For more information, visit https://asreader.com/application/.
HOW DO I USE THE ASKEY APP?
1. Enable the custom keyboard after installing the app.
a. Go to Setting > General > Keyboard > Keyboards > Add New Keyboard... and select "AsReader".
b. Go back to Setting > General > Keyboard > Keyboards select "AsKey - AsReader", set "Allow Full Access" to ON.
2. Connect AsReader scanner to iPhone/iPod touch.
3. Open the Tally app.
4. Switch keyboard to AsKey. AsKey will connect with AsReader.
5. Press the trigger buttons of the AsReader to scan a barcode. The scanned data will be inputted by the keyboard into Tally.