Follow these instructions if using a private scanner that will build a CSV to upload onto the Tally app
Set up hardware
- Follow the setup procedure for your scanner.
- Scan items and generate a CSV file with columns 'Barcode, Quantity'.
Set up the Stock Count app
- Prerequisite: make sure you have the multi-locations enabled on your store (Ask Shopify, not released yet)
- Make sure you are logged into your store
- Install the app at https://tally.satelapps.com/install
Note: Make sure the user that's installing has matching permissions to the scope of the app, if not Shopify will not let you install
- Accept to install the app on Shopify
- Accept the confirmation charge (free 7-day trial and $19.00/month thereafter)
Upload CSV in Drop zone on step 3
ONLY 1 user should create a new stock count by creating a name, choosing a location and a collection
- Once the stock count is created, click on the 'Import' button
- The drop zone will now have appeared, make sure the CSV file is in the correct format
- Drop or choose from your folder the CSV file created in Step 1.
- A green success banner will appear if the file was imported successfully
- Check the imported values and move to the next (Report) step
- Check for discrepancies and you may enter recounts if needed back in the last (Physical Count) step
- ONLY 1 user should update the Shopify inventory
- Once successfully updated, you may return to the stock counts table and download a CSV report