HOW DO YOU DEFINE "INVENTORY"?
According to Shopify, inventory is defined as the quantity of a particular product that is available for sale.
For more information, visit https://help.shopify.com/manual/products/inventory.
HOW DO YOU DEFINE "STOCK COUNTING"?
Stock taking is the counting of on-hand inventory. This means identifying every item on hand, counting it and summarising these quantities by item. There may also be a verification step, where the count results are compared to the inventory unit counts in a company's computer system. With our app, you can easily see the discrepancies found between the new counts and the inventory counts recorded previously on Shopify.
WHAT IS TALLY?
Tally is a comprehensive yet easy to use stock count app, which works with either a single location or Shopify's multi-locations inventory tracking feature. The app will allow users to pick the location and the products they are counting, count the inventory, generate discrepancy reports and adjust inventory to the newly counted numbers. The app works well for single stores, pop-up shops, online only warehouses and multi location retail operations.
WHAT ARE BEST PRACTICES WHEN USING TALLY?
- Make sure you have WIFI in your store or warehouse when doing your inventory count
- Do inventory during closed hours to minimise miscounting while products are being sold
- Only one stock count session should be open (i.e. 'In Progress') per location.
- When you enter the new count, this number should not include the number of items sold. That is in fact calculated by the app using the number of products sold on Shopify.
- Keep the communication between employees as open as possible, as double counting a product will accumulate the count instead of overwriting them.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS FOR A SUCCESSFUL STOCK COUNT?
- Choose a collection or create one if needed for a stock count
- Pick the location and collection you are counting for the stock count
- ONLY one user should Create the stock count
- Begin counting, make sure each counter is doing a separate item. Multiple counts of the same item by scanners will accumulate.
- View discrepancies and recount if necessary.
- ONLY one user should Update the Shopify inventory.
WHAT ARE THE 5 STEPS IN TALLY?
Prerequisite - create a new collection if required
1. Create a new stock count or select an existing stock count
2. Creating or loading a stock count
3. Do physical count of inventory
4. Review the discrepancy report and go back to step 3 to make any required changes
5. Update your Shopify store with these new counts
WHAT ARE "INVENTORY DISCREPANCIES"?
An inventory discrepancy is the gap between the last recorded inventory count of a product and the newly counted number.
This discrepancy value can be positive or negative, and we advise that you review large discrepancies as the product may have been accidentally counted more than once.
CAN TALLY HELP ME MANAGE INVENTORY IN MULTIPLE LOCATIONS?
To use the full benefits of Tally, your Shopify store needs to have the multi-locations feature enabled. Currently it is in a beta-version (https://www.shopify.ca/partners/blog/shopify-locations-developers).
The release date is not defined yet, however for live stores to enable multi-location inventory tracking, they can contact Shopify (https://help.shopify.com/en/questions). Then, go to the Admin -> Locations to enable it.
HOW MUCH DOES TALLY COST?
You will be billed by Shopify on a recurring charge of $19.00 per month.
IS THERE A FREE TRIAL PERIOD?
Yes, you will get a 7-day free trial period to try out all the amazing features of Tally.